International Avenue is a vibrant business district with a diverse ethnic composition located on 17th Avenue S.E., from 26 to 61st streets, in Calgary. There is an interesting mix of business representative of the cosmopolitan neighbourhoods surrounding the Avenue.
It is an area of one-stop shopping with access to a selection of restaurants and grocery stores from around the world, as well as a wide range of other retail goods and services.
Over 425 businesses operate within the zone. Convenient free parking is available throughout the zone.
The Mission of the organization is “to promote, improve and create a more pleasant community in which to shop and live”.
Meet Our Merchants
International Avenue has over 430 merchants offering diverse, eclectic products and services of all kinds. Whatever you're looking for, International Avenue has you covered.
MAX Purple Construction Update
Crews are getting ready to start work on the last pieces of construction for the MAX Purple line in the coming weeks.
19 Street and 17 Avenue S.E.
- Starting mid-April until early June, crews will be doing road and concrete work in the southeast corner of the intersection, and the median of the westbound to southbound left hand turn lane.
- For the work in the median, the leftmost left hand turn lane will be closed during non-peak hours so crews can complete this work.
- Pedestrian detours will be in place while crews complete this work, and access to the north side of 17 Avenue S.E. will be from the west side of 19 Street S.E. You can see the full pedestrian detour here <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cgmk-10fchf-j59hm7-6brcn1s3/> .
17 Avenue S.E. at 26 and 28 Street S.E.
- Starting mid-April until early June, crews will be working at these intersections to finish up concrete and road works.
- Westbound 17 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to one lane between 28 and 26 Street S.E.
- At 17 Avenue and 26 Street S.E., there will be lane restrictions for northbound 26 Street S.E. traffic during non-peak hours so crews can complete concrete and road work by the MAX station.
- Pedestrian detours will be in place on the west side of 28 Street S.E. and the east side of 26 Street S.E. You can see the full pedestrian detour here <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cgmk-10fchf-j59hm8-6brcn1s4/> .