Helper/ East Ambassador Program – JOB OPPORTUNITY. NEW
An exciting opportunity exists working in an up and coming neighbourhood for highly self-motivated, hardworking and organized individuals. International Avenue BRZ, in association with 12 Communities Safety Initiative, are looking for individuals to be Ambassadors of our area. You will be a part of our safe, clean and welcoming strategy within 17th Avenue SE from 26-61 Streets.
Working Hours: 35 Hours Per Week (may involve some evening hours and weekends)
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Become the Eyes and Ears of our Community
Do you have previous experience in a customer facing role? Do you aim to deliver only the highest level of customer service possible? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for an Ambassador to join our expanding team in the heart of Greater Forest Lawn to grow and promote the area, and by providing the best visitor/shopper experience.
As an Ambassador, you will need to:
- Greet visitors, promote the area & provide useful information
- Demonstrate the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Liaise with agencies on environmental and anti-social behaviour issues.
- Provide support to the Ambassador Supervisor, to ensure the smooth day to day running of the service.
- Assist in the ‘Meet & Greet’ Service, to provide a professional visitor welcome.
- Assist in ensuring that key information is updated as necessary
- Assist in the co-ordination of new and existing special events
The ideal candidates will:
- Have previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Be committed to delivering the highest quality of customer service to visitors, residents and businesses in the area.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Avenue and GFL.
- Be able to work effectively within a team of Ambassadors.
- Be willing to participate in service-related training and development.
- Be able to walk several hours per day
- We are looking for applicants who have strong verbal and written communication skills, and some program assistance knowledge.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated knowledge and experience working with community, cultural groups and businesses.
- Experience with special events is always welcome.
- Speaking another language is considered an asset.
- Being a resident within the Greater Forest Lawn area is considered an asset
The International Avenue BRZ is a non-profit community development organization working toward revitalizing 17 Avenue SE known as International Avenue. We represent over 435 businesses within the zone from 26-61 Street on 17 Ave SE. Our partner 12 Community Safety Initiative’s mandate is to increase the feeling of safety within our communities. Together we will manage this program.
Please send a letter outlining your interest in the role and an up to date resume to email@example.com no later than May 31st.
Job Title: Landscape/Horticultural Assistant – summer student-CLOSED
Job Description: We are looking for a local who cares about their community to come and work with us. If you are a lover of plants, hard working with a positive can-do attitude then this may be the job for you. Duties will include maintaining plant material throughout the zone by weeding, dead heading, clipping and trimming as required. Other tasks include: help setting up events, use of lawn mower or weed eater may be necessary, minor soft landscape maintenance and record keeping. Please note: You must be a student returning to school in order to qualify for this position.
Start Date: May 21-August 30
Rate: $ 16.00 per hour/ 32 hours per week.
Apply to: Alison firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18,2019
Job Title: Litter and Graffiti Abatement Specialist-full time- CLOSED
An exciting opportunity exists working in an up and coming neighbourhood for a highly self-motivated, hard working, reliable and organized individual. Reporting, to the Executive Director, the Litter and Graffiti Abatement Technician will:
- Empty BRZ garbage cans and remove litter from surrounding public realm
- Record, remove and report graffiti within 24/48 hours of occurrence on public and private property within the zone.
- Adhere to all safety standard procedures as outlined
- Deliver notices to businesses as required
- Remove weeds, plants flowers to enhance zone
- Provide some cleaning work within BRZ offices
- Help setting up of events and clean up
- Odd handyman jobs
- Use of lawn mover, weed eater and equipment as required
- Oversee fountain in Unity Park and effective maintenance of such
- Minor snow shoveling
- Minor soft landscape maintenance
- Sensitivity is required regarding confidential matters
You must be bondable and a Greater Forest Lawn community resident is preferred. A vehicle is required for this position and compensation for mileage will be provided.
Rate: $18:00 per hour based on 40 hours per week
Apply to: Alison email@example.com by April 18,2019